Do It Yourself of Hire a Moving Company?
You have a lot of stuff. Of course, you don’t realize just how much stuff you have until you start packing it up to move. And you still have to pick up the truck, load it, unload it, and return it. Will you regret packing and moving yourself? Should you have hired the moving company?
About 28% of Canadian homeowners move every five years. That’s a lot of stress, time off work, and aching backs. Here’s how a moving company can make your move smoother.
You won’t have to take too much time off work to move.
Moving always takes more time than you think it will. Taking the whole process on single-handedly means you have to take more time off work than you’d like.
Time is money, and a moving company can save you loads of both.
You’ll actually save money.
- Hiring a mover costs money. That is probably what has kept you from hiring a moving company in the past. If you run the numbers you’ll find that there are numerous ways that hiring a mover actually saves you money in the end.
- Carefully packed trucks minimize damage to your possessions so you spend less on repairs or replacements.
- Professional movers save you from injury and the doctor’s bills and missed work that may result.
- Your move takes less time with the pros than it would if you did it on your own allowing you to get back to work sooner and focus on what’s most important.
- Having plenty of help when you move decreases your stress so you’re at your best when you start your new job.
If you’re concerned about the cost of hiring movers, you can always mix and match your services so you only pay for what you need. Full-service moves mean the pros pack your stuff, load it up, move it, and unload it.
If you do some of those steps yourself, you can still take advantage of the benefits of hiring movers and saving some money.
You’ll have the time and energy to take care of the details.